TO OUR CLIENTS:
Like all of you, we are responding to the challenges of the Coronavirus pandemic by monitoring the situation.
Our primary objective continues to be serving your legal needs, while taking reasonable measures to protect your health and well-being, and that of our staff and the larger community. Please be assured that, whatever the circumstances, client e-mails and calls will continue to be monitored. We will respond to client needs as soon as possible. We are especially thankful during this uncertain time for our clients, our fantastic staff, our front-line workers, and our community.
- Our physical office is open to clients.
- The office will be open Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
We like personal interaction with our clients; but we have many clients who are more vulnerable to COVID-19. Because of that, we have instituted a number of policies regarding appointments.
OTHER COVID-19 POLICIES
- Anyone who has a fever, has symptoms of COVID-19 or the flu, anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, and anyone who is unvaccinated and knows he or she has been in contact with someone who was diagnosed with COVID-19 in the prior two weeks will not be permitted in the office. If you are sick or fit into these categories, please reschedule your appointment.
- Everyone entering the office will be subject to a temperature check.
- Anyone who has an in-person appointment must wear a face mask that covers your nose and mouth and complies with PA Department of Health requirements and CDC guidance.
- Everyone in the office must maintain 6 feet of distance from other people while in the office.
We are taking numerous additional precautions behind the scenes to protect our attorneys, staff, and client. These precautions include:
- Employees are required to wash their hands at the beginning of their shift and after certain activities.
- Commonly touched surfaces will be disinfected on a regular basis.
- Employees must check their temperatures prior to leaving for work. Any employee with a fever or who is experiencing symptoms will not be permitted to work.
- The firm has adopted additional policies in the event an employee or client is diagnosed with COVID-19.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.